Monday, February 6, 2012

Repurpose baby blankets


I made myself a blankie. Yep, this one's mine. All my kids have their own "snuggle" blankies. I thought it was about time I made one for me! 
It's extra special to me because I made it out of my youngest daughter's crib bedding. I didn't feel the need to keep all that bulky bedding around, but it was still sentimental to me. So I reluctantly cut it allllll up.
I couldn't find a picture of her bedding, so I found this one, which is pretty close.
I got this image from-
http://www.distinctivenurseries.com/Lola-by-Maddie-Boo--4-Piece-Crib-Collection_p_3357.html

 I actually bought her set at Target about 4 years ago. Does anyone remember the cute Lola dots and stripes collection? Loved it.
Still do. :)

I cut it into 10" squares, arranged and sewed them together, backed it with pink Soft & Comfy Bubble Velour (A.K.A. Minky), and tied it with white string. I didn't even use batting. It really didn't need it (I live in a very warm climate, though. If you DO want to add batting for warmth, I suggest Warm & White Cotton).

NOW, you should go & dig up those old blankets and get workin'! :)

2 comments:

Krista said...

Great Idea! I have never thought of this and after 5 kids, it would be so nice to cuddle up in the memories. They grow up too fast what a great way to stay warm in love! Thanks super cute

children music online said...

Hello Admin,
Very pleased to be here because I am seeking of this information at last I got it in here. Thanks for publishing this valuable post.Nearly all little kids enjoy to sing and dance along with their favorite television characters. Besides just having a good time, young children have much to reap by tuning into music.Visit us to know more Kids Songs Online
Best Regards,
Best Music for Children