Friday, January 6, 2012

Double-layer Spiral Felt Rosette Tutorial

This is such an inexpensive and easy flower to make!
I bought the felt at the dollar store. But since it was so thin, I decided to stack it...

This is the result. I love the two-toned look!
Okay, so first, I cut the circles. I used a CD as a guide.
 Then, you cut a spiral, leaving about an 1 1/2 circle (or oval in my case).
*The thinner you cut your spiral, the bigger in diameter your flower will be, but it will be shorter.
 Then, taking the tapered end, put a dab of glue on it and roll it. No need for glue between layers. It'll stay together. You'll notice that the top piece will become longer than the underneath piece. No bigs. You can re-trim your center circle.
 When you've gotten to that point, glue each layer together on the center circle.
And VOILA! It's done! You can hot-glue a button, bead, pearl, or whatever in the center of these, too! These flowers are cute for just about any use-- wreaths, hair flowers, brooches, topiaries, embellish pillows & clothing, etc!
Click HERE if you'd like to see the project these flowers ended up on.

No comments: