Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Scrap Paper Clock Tutorial

I started with my color inspiration. These are the colors of my kitchen...
 So I found some scrapbook paper in my stash that coordinated.

 I tore them into random pieces...
 and distressed the edges with stamps.
I bought this at the thrift store for $2.
In it's former life, it was a lazy susan that used to reside in the middle of someone's kitchen table.
I cleaned it, painted it, and removed the outside ring. I also drilled a hole in the center.
Using Mod Podge, I glued each piece down individually (paying close attention to smooth out bubbles). No rhyme or reason.
Once my clock was covered, I lightly sealed the whole thing in Mod Podge.
 I glued the outer ring back on. If you don't have one, I bet you could cut one out of posterboard and decopage that on, too.
I bought these numbers, painted them black, then lightly sanded the edges.
Then I glued them down starting with 12 and 6, then did 9 and 3.
I used these pencils to help me position them, then I eyeballed the rest. 
 
Ready for the clock gears!
 This is what they look like. I paid about $6.00 for this gear set.
It's easy to put together (they come with instructions).
There you have it--my customized clock!
 I set it on an easel. I just love checking the time now!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Amy you are so darn talented. You need to come add this to my linky party.
http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
Marcie

children music online said...

Hello Admin,
Very pleased to be here because I am seeking of this information at last I got it in here. Thanks for publishing this valuable post.For years, we've known that listening to music has benefits for children's development. CD series like those from Baby Einstein have become extremely popular with parents of babies because experts have recognized that listening to classical music is not only engaging to very young children but actually increases their brain's ability to perform spatial reasoning. When a baby is born, he has billions of brain cells.Visit us to know more Best music for children
Best Regards,
Best Music for Children