Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Reversible CAR SEAT COVER-IT-ALL

This is a REVERSIBLE Nursing cover, a REVERSIBLE Car seat canopy w/ 2 pockets, and a Toy hanger!
For short, I'm just callin' it the reversible COVER-IT-ALL.
Well, it has so many functions; it pretty much covers it all!
Even the the tabs on the underside of your cover have a function, too!
They can be used to hang rattles & fun things for your baby to look at and play with!

Okay, let's face it. When you have a new baby, life changes (for the better, I MUST add). It takes some time to adjust to the lack of sleep and the constant juggle of things life throws at you. Sometimes it makes us kinda loopy (okay, well maybe that's just me)... and WE NEED OUTINGS. And when it comes to getting ready to head out, 
the less mom has to remember, the better. Right?
By keeping this COVER-IT-ALL attached to your car seat at all times (with the nursing cover strap, the pacifier and the burp cloths tucked in it's outer pocket. Plus, diapers, wipes, and whatever else in the inner pocket, AND toys hanging from the inner tabs), all you have to remember is the baby! Haha!
Hey, it makes mom life a little easier! Want to make one, too?
Let me show you! I've broken it into 8 BASIC STEPS.
Okay, I decided to break it down even further to make it easier to understand.
There are steps within each step; hopefully it all makes sense! Click on the images to enlarge (FYI).
Step 1- *TOP*
Let's start with piecing the green top.

For the reverse side, you could repeat above steps,
use a SOLID back, or just piece it however you'd like...
as long as it ends up 35" x 42"
Step 2- *TABS*
 Now let's make the tabs
 Step 3- *VELCRO*
Let's add the Velcro.
 Step 4- *ATTACH*
Position and attach tabs.
Step 5- *POCKETS*
Now for the pockets
 Step 6- *COVER'S EDGES*
Line up top and bottom of cover, trim, and pin.
Clip, iron, pin.
 Step 7- *FINAL TOUCHES*
Sew around edges, and secure cover's center.
 Step 8- *NURSING COVER STRAP*
This is one of the easiest, most beneficial additions!
You can keep it just inside one of the pockets, too!
 These Suspender/Mitten Clips are what make this work!
You can buy them at most fabric stores!
*YOU'RE DONE!!!
 
Enjoy! I also made THIS, THIS, and THIS to be gifted as a set.

I'm linkin' up HERE, HERE, and HERE



Photobucket

 

4 comments:

Krista said...

Can I order a car seat canopy though you? And if so how much would you charge because my neighbor is having a boy and I was just invited to a BBshower and this is the perfect gift. I love love it but wonder if I have the time and if you have some already made that would be wonderful!!!

Debbiedoos said...

I could have used these when my boys were small. Great tutorial too. Thanks for joining my newbie party. Please add my link
http://debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/

Sylvia N. said...

These are great! I will be doing this for my next momma-to-be! My friend has one and calls it a hootie hider....LOL. Popped over from the newbie party! Great ideas!

emilysnan said...

hiya , great idae and fab tutorial too , tfs . i am visiting from debbies newbie party and am your newest follower
xmaggiex