Monday, March 26, 2012

Easter Wreath

I've been wanting a new Easter Wreath. Especially after seeing the cutest idea from Pinterest. I had a spare morning today, so I decided to make a new Easter wreath. I was inspired by my daughter's birthday party color scheme from the weekend. I loved her colors so much, I decided I definitely wanted them on my door. ;)
Tutorial-
Step 1
 I gathered old plastic eggs from last year
and ribbon that fit the colors I was going for.
Then I made a wreath using a pool noodle
(Got the idea HERE- it's so smart.)
Step 2
 I grabbed some flannel and tore it into 3" strips.
Starting at an angle, I hot-glued the end and
wrapped it around. I ended up using 4 pieces.
No bigs--you can't tell when you're done.
 Step 3
 Next, I wrapped it with thin ribbon on a diagonal one
way, then did it again the opposite way making sure
they cross on the front. Then I glued ribbon on the eggs. 
Step 4- THE BOW
 Make a loop- pinching between your thumb and pointer finger.
Make another loop toward you, pinching in the center (or base)
of the bow. Add another, making the bow evenly balanced.
*THE SECRET TO A NICE BOW IS KEEPING YOUR
THUMB FIRMLY AT THE BASE THE ENTIRE TIME.*
While keeping your thumb in place, the under-side will be held
alternately by your pointer and middle finger (the strongest fingers).
As you accept a new loop, use the finger you didn't use in the last
and trade off for every other loop. Keep practicing...you'll get it.
Step 5
 Make as many loops as you'd like. I made these ones bigger than
I usually do. If you'd like tails, take the end and coil it onto itself.
I looped it twice here so I could have 4 tails. Secure with wire.
Pipe cleaners or string work, too. Fluff/arrange the loops of bow.
Step 6-ADDING TO THE BOW
 I sometimes like to add loops to my bows using different ribbon.
Make bunny ears, securing in the center with wire, then fold up.
Lift original bow's loops and add new loops to the base w/ wire.
Repeat as many times as you'd like. I added 4 "bunny ear" sets.
Step 7
 Decide where you want the bow, add a dab of glue, and place it.
Wrap around the back with wire. Trim tails and fluff your bow.
I know it looks like a WAY HUGE bow, but it trust me-
It needs to be so we have room to nestle all the cute eggs.
Step 8
 Now you're ready to add the eggs. Really, just glue and place.
If you're placing them on the sides of the bow, it's best to make
sure the egg's secured to the wreath itself, too. Otherwise, just
spread loops apart, and glue close to base. This is the fun part.

 Here it is finished. Look how different the colors look inside my
house as opposed to outside on my door. I prefer the sun-
kissed version--looks more "Easter-y"! I so love these colors!

Have fun with it! If you decide to make this wreath,
send me a link to your blog and show me!
I'd love to see your variation!

I'm linking up to-
Topsy Turvy Tuesday at I'm Topsy Turvy
Get Your Craft On at TCB
Take a Look Tuesday at Sugar Bee
Sew Cute Tuesday at Creative Itch
Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife
Tuesday Tutorials at The Kurtz Corner
Turning the Daunting into Do-Able at The Project Queen

3 comments:

Sugarr2518 said...

I'm loving your wreath! The color combo is perfect:) I like how you added the eggs!

Dixie n Dottie said...

Super, super cute! Great job!
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

children music online said...

Hi Admin,
Just gorgeous one,because of I am seeking of this information and finally i have gotten here.Do you ever wonder if you can make the right musical choices for child? Are you concerned that your lack of musical understanding is going to hinder your child's musical growth? You can be confident that your child can flourish beyond your own experience.see more in Kids Songs Online
Best Pleasant,
kids songs online